1. Break your topic into concepts.
e.g. The effect of diet on a person's health: Concept = Diet Concept = Health
2. Consider alternative keywords:
diet, nutrition health, wellbeing
3. Use truncation to search for variations of words: infan* (infants, infantile, infancy) child* (child, children, childhood)
4. Use AND to narrow the search:
diet AND health nurs* AND best practice
5. Use OR to broaden the search:
diet OR nutrition child* OR infan* OR toddler
6. Use inverted comas for phrases:
" pulmonary embolism" " evidence based nursing"
7. Beware of differences between English and American spelling and terminology (Use both spellings with OR):
foetal/fetal caesarean/cesarean haemorrhage/hemorrhage
Edith Cowan University acknowledges and respects the Noongar people, who are
the traditional custodians of the land upon which its campuses stand and its programs
In particular ECU pays its respects to the Elders, past and present, of the Noongar people, and embrace their culture, wisdom and knowledge.