Skip to main content

Alumni and Other Borrowers: Reciprocal Borrowers

How do I register if I am a student or staff member at another institution?

ECU Library is a member of University Libraries of Australia and New Zealand (ULANZ) which allows students and staff from member universities to borrow from us. Check the list of ULANZ participating universities. Students and staff from Curtin, Murdoch, UWA and UNDA can register online by completing the WAGUL online registration form.

In addition to the ULANZ participating universities, ECU also has reciprocal agreements with the following TAFE colleges: North Metropolitan TAFE, South Metropolitan TAFE, North Regional TAFE, South Regional TAFE, Central Regional TAFE.

To register as a Reciprocal Borrower, you will need to go to the Library Enquiries Desk at any ECU campus Library, and present your university ID card. You need to show that your enrolment/employment at your home university is current. If this information is not indicated on your ID card, some acceptable alternative proof is required, such as a current student enrolment document, contract of employment as a staff member, or current online student/staff library record.

If you are a student or staff enrolled at an international university living in Perth, you may apply to borrow from ECU library if you can present a letter from your home institution confirming that you are of good standing and that your home institution will accept responsibility for all reasonable losses, incurred by you, if you fail to observe ECU Library's rules and regulations.

Reciprocal membership does not provide remote access to library subject databases or eBook collections, however there are databases available for use in the Library at the Public Access Computers.

Now that I have registered as a Reciprocal Borrower, what can I borrow?

Borrowing physical resources

To borrow an item, take your selection and your Borrower card to any Self Check machine located inside each of the ECU campus libraries.  When you are finished with your loan, you may return it to any of the ECU campus libraries.  After hours return chutes are located near the library entrances.

Number of items
Loan period
Overdue penalty
Main collection
General music




4 weeks

5 automatic renewals, provided a Hold has not been placed on the item

NOTE: Overdue items prevent automatic renewals

Yes - up to 30 items

To place a hold contact ECU Library Services on
08 6304 5525

or email

*Refer to 'long overdue' information below.
Law Society of WA Public Purposes Trust




30 days

1 automatic renewal, provided a Hold has not been placed on the item

NOTE: Overdue items prevent automatic renewals

Yes - up to 30 items

To place a hold contact ECU Library Services on
08 6304 5525

or email

$2 per day, capped at $20.

* Items move to 'long overdue' status after 10 days. Long overdue items that are billed will be sent to ECU's debt collection agency and include an additional $20 processing charge.

Library staff may recall items required for the High Use Collection.

Please check your nominated email account regularly to make sure that you receive important information regarding your library record such as overdue items, holds to pick up, items being recalled and fines.

Items that are damaged, lost, or not returned are billed a replacement cost (plus a $20 processing charge). Patrons cannot replace a lost book with one purchased themselves. If an item is lost and paid for, then subsequently found, the Library will not accept return of the item nor refund any payment.