Journals publish original research and commentary on recent developments in specific disciplines.
Peer review is a process where experts in the field (peers), evaluate the quality of another researchers' work, to ensure that the work meets the required standards.
1. Find Synonyms (alternative keywords):
2. Use Truncation (putting * at the end of a word stem):
4. AND (joins concepts and narrows the search)
5. "...." (inverted commas) use for a phrase
6. Wildcard ? will search for any single letter in the space. e.g. wom?n will search women, woman, organi?ation will search organisation, organization.
7. Wildcard * can also be used where alternate spelling may contain an extra character. e.g. p*ediatric, will search paediatric or pediatric, behavio*r, will search behaviour or behavior.
PubMed database is an internet version of Medline produced by the National Library of Medicine in the United States.
Open access articles are freely available in PubMed. To ensure that you also have access to journal articles available on subscription through ECU Library, link to PubMed via the Library.
PubMed search results will then also include a FindIt link to locate full text articles available via ECU.
What's the Difference Between MEDLINE and PubMed? Fact Sheet explains the additional features of PubMed.
Edith Cowan University acknowledges and respects the Noongar people, who are
the traditional custodians of the land upon which its campuses stand and its programs
In particular ECU pays its respects to the Elders, past and present, of the Noongar people, and embrace their culture, wisdom and knowledge.