The ECU Library has implemented a new worldwide searching tool, ECU Worldsearch. If you are a new student or returning take some time to view these short videos to learn how to best use the tool.
To view a print version of information covered in these videos select the FAQ's page under the Find journal articles & databases at the top of this page.
Writing, learning and academic Skills
Assignment labs - Check the Academic Skills Centre for relevant times
School of Business and Law learning consultants will be on hand to assist you with your assignments - be sure to bring along your unit plan and any other assignment instructions.
1. Break your topic into concepts.
e.g. Social Entrepreneurship in the Tourism and Hospitality Industry.
Concept = Social entrepreneurship
Concept = Tourism
2. Consider alternative keywords:
Concept = Social enterprise, social innovation
Concept = Travel
3. Use truncation to search for variations of words:
Touris* (tourist, tourism)
4. Use inverted comas for phrases:
" social media"
5. Use AND to narrow the search:
"social entrepreneurship" AND touris*
6. Use OR to broaden the search:
"social entrepr* OR "social innovat*"
7. Beware of differences between
English and American spelling