ECU Library offers a variety of workshops during the Academic year. Please browse what is on offer and register your interest to attend.
The workshops are designed to help save you time and become more proficient in researching and using the ECU Library and its resources.
Take a look at each campus to see what's on offer near you.
Library Lunch & Learn is a series of bite-sized sessions (under an hour) held at all ECU Campus Libraries. Sessions include:
For more information click on the campus tab most relevant to you.
Introduction to EndNote Workshops:
These introductory sessions will include:
• Creating and organising an EndNote library
• Adding references to a library both manually and by using direct export or filters
• Using the Group function to organise references
• Inserting and editing citations in a Word document using EndNote’s Cite While You Write (CWYW) function
• Formatting references in APA reference style in a word document
These sessions are available at each campus. See additional information on EndNote workshops on the EndNote Library Guide
Containers represent a modern way to create a clean, reproducible environment on computers. Using containers allows developers to create an environment that is easy to replicate and deploy and also means that programs running inside a container will be consistent. This makes them particularly interesting and useful to researchers.
1. To be advised.
2. Ian Thomas, Research Engineer (Compute Methods)
Research Capability Unit, RMIT University
3. Rowland Mosbergen | Stemformatics Project Manager
Centre for Stem Cell Systems, University of Melbourne
Need some help using software? What about time management skills? Managing Stress? Entrepreneurship? Excel? Powerpoint? Word? EndNote?
Take a look at Lynda Campus, a comprehensive collection of expert video tutorials and courses that can be viewed at your own pace whilst on campus or at home. Students and Staff have unlimited access to Lynda.com during their time at ECU, and can access videos on a wide variety of topics.