Research Online is ECU's official repository. It highlights and promotes access to the scholarship and research outputs created by the staff and post-graduate students at Edith Cowan University.
The aim of the repository is to preserve and provide open access to that research.
The benefits of placing the Open Access versions of your published work on Research Online:
- Research Online is indexed by Google and Google Scholar - this dramatically increases the rates of findability
- Research Online provides (as far as possible) open educational resources - your research is freely available internationally & not only to people who have access to paid publications
- wider access often leads to higher citations and higher impact
- refer requests for copies of your papers to Research Online
- download statistics such as where and who are downloading your work
- Altmetrics statistics - use the DOI of your articles when blogging or tweeting etc. about your research and social media tracking tools such as Altmetrics will keep track of the social media buzz
Research Online uses the Digital Commons software platform and can be found at http://ro.ecu.edu.au.