This Referencing Library Guide provides guidance for referencing using APA style, 6th ed. 2010. Information in this guide is based on:
- American Psychological Association. (2010). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
- APA Style Central database
- APA style guide to electronic references
- APA style blog
In this guide you will find:
- An introduction and overview of the key components of referencing using the APA style;
- Sample references and information, under the tabs, for a variety of reference types, including subject specific sources;
- The ECU APA Referencing Guide produced by ECU Library - a short printable introductory quick guide for the most common reference types;
- APA Style Central database - a comprehensive and authoritative online resource that provides access to videos, quizzes, and a searchable collection of sample references, as well as information on academic writing and research in the psychology field. This database also provides links to the relevant sections of the "Publication manual of the American Psychological Association" and the "APA style guide to electronic references".
Print copies of the Publication manual of the American Psychological Association are available from the Library.