This Referencing Library Guide provides guidance for referencing using APA style, 6th ed. 2010.
On this guide you will find:
- An introduction to why you should reference and how to avoid plagiarism;
- An overview of the key components of referencing using the APA style;
- The ECU APA Referencing Guide - a short printable document that acts as a quick guide for the most common reference types;
- An online bank of sample references for a variety of reference types, including subject specific materials;
- APA Style Central database - a comprehensive and authoritative online resource that provides access to videos, quizzes, and a searchable collection of sample references as well as information on academic writing and research in the psychology field.
Print copies of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, (6th ed, 2014) are available from the Library, and the former ECU Referencing Guide (2014), which is due to be archived soon, is available under the More Information tab.